Mission, Vision & Culture
What is God calling us to do?.....
The purpose and focus of the ministry at Harvest Ayr is to glorify and honour God by fulfilling the mission the Lord gave His followers through the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) in the Spirit of the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40) in Ayr and beyond.
Where is God calling us to go?.....
As we pursue our mission we pray it will lead to mature disciples of Jesus Christ who obey his commands as they delight in Jesus, devote themselves to Jesus and display Jesus (John 15:1-17).
It is our belief that obedience to the Lord’s commands is revealed in our lives as we delight in Jesus, devote ourselves to Jesus, and display Jesus.
As a Church
It is our hope that as disciples of Jesus Christ, we would grow to maturity in bearing the responsibility of caring for one another in the context of loving relationships and mutual ministry within the local church. It’s not about one or a small number of pastors bearing the total responsibility to care for the entire congregation. It’s about all disciples using their God-given spiritual gifts to provide mutual ministry in the context of a vibrant and strong local church (Ephesians 4:11-12).
We long to be a church where.....
- Lost people are saved.
- Saved people grow in Jesus, are shepherded by Jesus, and go with the good news of Jesus.
- Everyone is equipped for the work of ministry and leaders are raised up to serve and strengthen the church.
- Future church leaders are identified, prepared and sent out.
- We support the planting / strengthening of churches, in partnership with others, so that new people, places, and generations are effectively reached with the gospel and rooted in a local healthy church.
All for the sake of Christ's church and His glory.
Who is God calling us to be?.....
With the Lord's help we long to be a people who.....
- Love one another sincerely
- Pursue godliness daily
- Serve within the church sacrificially
- Disciple one another intentionally
- Talk about our hearts transparently
- Take God at His word eagerly and humbly
- Care for each other biblically and wisely
- Gather together regularly and joyfully
- Pray for God to be at work amongst us faithfully and fervently
- Worship God truthfully, passionately, and wholeheartedly
- Speak about Jesus personally and courageously
- Relate to one another honourably and with humility
- Treat each other graciously and gently
- Strive together for unity and harmony
- Open up our homes hospitably
- Give of our resources generously